My Definitely Sometime Great Adventure (3.a)

Friday, October 14, 2005

Now throwing myself off of cliffs....

After Wanaka, we have arrived at the adhreniline junkies paradise - Queenstown.

After throwing myself out of a plane, it seemed only natural that it was time to pick another thing to fly off. One of my mates and I headed off to the Canyon Swing - 60m free fall, 109m over shotover canyon. (Check it out! http://www.canyonswing.co.nz) Believe me - falling out of a plane was easier because someone else wanted to go. Trying to let myself fall backward off a 109m cliff was a drastically different story, but an amazing rush when I finally jumped off! (well - OK from the photos it looks like I fell off the cliff - but we don't have to remember it that way do we?)

For a few bucks more, since we were still buzzing from the first jump, the guys convinced us to do a second - yep..swung my butt over the edge of a cliff and managed to hang myself upside down over the edge until they pulled the pin holding me and I flew like superman over the gorge - holy geez! (it's the gimp if any of you check out the web site)... after that - bungy jumping doesn't seem so bad really - I think we are close to getting three of us girls traveling to all go together and jump off the bridge near Queenstown.



.